The New Tale of Naruto Uzumaki
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a new technique [SOLO]

2 posters

Go down

Getting a new  technique [SOLO] Empty Getting a new technique [SOLO]

Post by JacobHyuuga Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Unedited:

With the Chunin Exams finally over, I finally had a chance to kick back and relax. Unfortunately, getting beaten by Hanako only seemed to motivate me to train more.
Damn you, pride; you're like a lazy man's kryptonite. Y'know, just less green and stuff.
That’s what motivated me to leave my perfectly comfortable bed on this fine, fine morning and subject myself to the horrors of having to beat on these stupid training dummies that, despite hitting them all the damn time, still leave my hands sore.
In a small fit of anger, I lashed out using Hanako’s idea from during the Chunin Exams of blasting the target with absurd quantities of chakra.
I immediately regretted it, as the entire thing’s chest frame was blasted away, meaning I had to switch targets for the third time in the hour.
…Maybe I should work on my anger…?
“Hey, Hyuuga boy!” an all-too-familiar voice yelled out. “You hitting yourself again?”
With a sigh, I turned to the speaker, even though my Byakugan already told me who it was.
“Nobuna Tenshi,” I said, a small smile popping up. “Joking as always, I see. Y’know, you might fall and break something if you stand on a branch like that.”
She frowned, leaping down from the tree she decided to show up in.
“Oh, you know damn well I’m not heavy enough for that.”
It was true; she was actually very small and light for a jonin.
She took a look over my newest bit of handiwork, scratching her head a bit.
“…Have you ever thought about taking anger manage-”
“Shove it,” I said quickly, cutting her off. “Anyway, I thought you were on a mission over in Iwagakure; what happened to that?”
“The Chunin Exams had the Tsuchikage over in Kiri; do you really think they’d leave ninja from another village in there while he’s out?”
Giving it a quick thought, I conceded the point to her.
That doesn’t mean I won’t take a shot at her physique, though.
“…I thought you’d have grown taller by now,” I said off-handedly.
When her face flushed, I knew I hit the right spot.
“Oh, shove it up your poop-chute, prick. I grew at least two inches since you saw me last, and those Ghost Eyes of your can see it damn well.” She huffed a bit, turning away. “What’re you doing here anyway?” she asked, trying to change the subject.
At this point, I’d managed to pull up another one of those thrice-damned dummies.
“Training; I lost in the Exams once, and I don’t want to lose again.”
I half-expected her to throw in a jab at my pride or something, but she let it drop.
…That’s actually kinda new for her.
“Got any tips for facing Earth ninja? Working in Iwa, Village of Stone, probably gave you something to work with, right?”
She scrunched up her face a bit, before shrugging.
“I got nothin’. Earth users are anti-fire, and that’s your main element, y’know? They’re even designed to be anti-close-range, so your Byakugan ain’t worth much either. You want my advice when it comes to them?” she asked, putting one hand on her hip. “Find yourself someone who can beat a Earth user and let them do the fighting.”
I internally groaned; I would’ve done it out loud, but I wasn’t about to do that in front of Nobuna; I might as well give her a card that reads ‘one free cheap-shot’.
Sighing, I nodded.
“Alright, I guess that’s the best I can do.”
I was about to turn away and leave the training grounds (my hands are already in a world of pain), but a thought stopped me.
“…You should back away a bit,” I said. I would probably regret this by the time the day ended, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t at least kill off some of that anger.
Y’know what’s awesome?
Laser beams.
You know what’ll make me more awesome?
Read two lines up.
Nobuna wisely did as she was told, backing up for a moment.
I raised my hand and pointed it towards one of the dummies, aiming my palm to its head after I removed my glove.
I focused my chakra into my hand and tried shooting it out towards the dummy before igniting it, but it came back to bite me in the ass.
Or, more accurately, burn me in the hand.
When I ignited it, it turns out that it didn’t actually shoot towards the dummy like Spiderman’s web-shot; instead, it collected around my hand and erupted in my palm.
I howled in pain, but quickly found my hand drenched in water.
Oh yeah, Nobuna has water techniques, doesn’t she?
After the searing pain faded, I sighed.
No permanent damage? Surprising.

…Yeah, I’m stupid enough to try again.
“Thanks,” I said casually, raising my hand to the dummy again.
This time, though, I actually walked up to the dummy, slammed my hand into its stomach, and walked away.
Then, at around fifteen meters away, I turned back towards it, raised my hand, and fired.
A beam of blazing flame ripped across the field and tore into the dummy, the heat licking away at its false flesh and burning its straw-innards.
Nobuna let out an appreciative whistle as the dummy fell to the ground, burning.
“Mind explaining how you did that, Ghosty?”
I turned to her, smirking.
“I looped a chakra string into it when I hit it the first time, and having a fire-element affinity like me means that my chakra is incredibly flammable. Y’know what that means?”
Nobuna smirked back at me. “Flaming chakra cords; dude, you could have a god-damn flaming lasso, or flame whips!”
I nodded, now all-out grinning.
“It’s moments like these that make me wish I could kiss myself, cause God damn I’m a genius!”
Nobuna laughed at that.
“I’ll let you get to your training, mate; I don’t think I wanna be called collateral damage from your work-out. Have fun with your new toy~!”
Just before I could whip out a particularly scathing remark which may, or may not have had to do with her liking getting whipped, she left as quickly as she had first arrived.
Which is to say, very quickly. Y’knopw, just in case you didn’t get that.

…Anyway, now is the time to train.
Whoo, Rocky-style montage time!
JacobHyuuga
JacobHyuuga
Admin

Character Sheet
Level: 12
Money: 1000

https://tntnaruuzu.rpg-board.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Getting a new  technique [SOLO] Empty Re: Getting a new technique [SOLO]

Post by CorenKeitaro Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 pm

This thread has now been concluded.
A meeting has taken place, and a new fire has begun to burn.

Jacob has learned a new skill; lighting aflame his chakra cords, he can use them as a whip or something. Like Ivan from Iron Man 2; that dude had some awesome whips. While it is in an imperfect state, the potential behind such a power is nigh-limitless; what will Jacob do with this power?
Tune in next time to know, here on www.TNTNaruUzu.forumotion.com.

Completed a Solo Thread: +5 EXP
Completed Training: +5 Chakra Control, +5 Fire Manipulation
A New Technique: Jacob can now use flaming chakra threads
CorenKeitaro
CorenKeitaro
Admin

Character Sheet
Level: 13
Money: 1250

https://tntnaruuzu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down